Information for Landlords
We offer a free and no obligation initial consultation, where practical by visiting you in the comfort of your own home, otherwise at the property to be let, to discuss your requirements. We are always prepared to meet with you at a time to suit you, including out of normal business hours The consultation includes:
- Advice on current market rentals.
- Specific advice relating to your property as necessary, e.g. on any renovation or repairs that would maximise the rental value and on whether to let furnished or unfurnished.
- An explanation of the obligations of the landlord whilst the property is let.
- Details of all aspects of our service.
- Arrange for an Energy Performance Certificate to be obtained at a competitive price (if required)
- Advertising and marketing of your property in the appropriate media (unless we have suitable tenants waiting).
- Carefully select suitable tenants from the applicants, dealing with all necessary checks and references.
- .Carry out out compulsory right to rent checks on tenants and lodgers over the age of 18.
- Prepare and have signed the tenancy agreement, the inventory and any other necessary documents.
- Collect the security deposit and the first rent payment and hand the property over to the tenants.
- Place the security deposit in a designated account and ensure compliance with the legislation relating to deposits.
- Advise the utility companies and local authority of the change of occupation.
- Collect future rent payments.
- Visit your property periodically to inspect and check.
- Arrange for mandatory gas safety checks and electrical inspections as necessary, at competitive prices.
- Arrange for emergency repairs if necessary, using our proven team of competent contractors.
- When tenants depart deal with the inspection on departure and the out inventory.
We pay the rent received, less charges, direct to your bank account monthly.
Our competitive fees comprise a one off initial registration fee and then a monthly commission based on the rent received, and these include all work in connection with the letting and management. The only additional fees that may be payable by you are:
- Advertising charge, if applicable.
- The statutory deposit protection fee.
- The fees paid to tradesmen for the Energy Performance Certificate, gas safety checks and electrical inspections.
- The cost of repairs as charged by the contractors.
- Our fee for supervision (only in the event of renovations or extensive repairs).
Our full terms and conditions and charges are set out in our management agreement, a copy of which is available on request.
call us direct on: