Information for Tenants
- Details of the properties we have available are on the Properties to Let page but the list changes constantly as properties are let and others become available, so please contact us to let us know of your requirements.
- Unlike many other letting agents we do not charge any registration fee, the only fees payable by tenants are:
- an administration fee of £75 per person, payable only when the tenancy is completed.
- A fee of £30 in cases where a guarantee is required, again payable only when the tenancy is completed.
- If you have a pet a separate Pet Agreement is drawn up and a nominal fee of £20 is charged for this.
- Usually, we agree a letting subject to satisfactory references, and we require the payment of a holding deposit, usually equal to one month’s rent, on the following conditions:
- If satisfactory references are not obtained we return the deposit to you.
- On completion of the tenancy agreement the holding deposit is retained by us and used as the security deposit.
- If you decide not to proceed for any reason the holding deposit is not returnable.
- On completion of the tenancy agreement (when you will be given possession of the property) you will be required to pay the first month’s rent in advance.
- Tenancy agreements are usually for an initial fixed term of six months and thereafter from month to month. Rent is payable in advance, so that the second monthly rent payment will, usually, be due one month after you move in, and rent is due monthly after that.
- You have no right to terminate the tenancy during the fixed term and are committed to paying the rent for that term, even if you move out of the property.
- The tenancy can be terminated either on the last day of the fixed term or on any rent day after that. The landlord must give you two month’s notice to terminate, but you are entitled to terminate by giving one month’s notice.
- When the tenancy comes to an end you will be entitled to the return of the security deposit provided that:
- You vacate the property and leave it in the same condition as at the beginning of the tenancy; and
- There is no rent owing on the date of termination.
call us direct on: